We are a Leading supplier of security guards and services across England, Scotland and Wales, corporate safety and Security services is in a fortunate position to be able to provide you with its portfolio of policies when you invest in us.We are Committed to offering you quality service tailored to your company’s needs, our services are supported by a variety of policies that are recognised nationwide whilst we are constantly seeking ways in which we can help in the development of the skills of our guards and the services we provide.
Corporate safety and security services. Environmental Policy
Corporate safety and security services recognises that to achieve continued success it must maintain a quality culture throughout the organisation and therefore are fully committed to IOSH and We also recognise that even though our activities have minimal adverse impact on the environment we have a duty of care to protect it wherever we can We underpin our commitment to these standards by adopting the following working practices in all that we do:
• Ensure that environmental management is integrated into every aspect of our business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations and aspire to best practice
• Review current activities, products, and services with a view to minimise the environmental impacts and reduce, wherever practicable, the level of harmful emissions and prevention of pollution.
• Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water, and maximise the efficient use of such resources, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible, promote recycling and the use of recycled materials
• Ensure that all employees understand their responsibilities in relation to the
• Encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices by all people within the organisation
• Ensure that suppliers and contractors minimise the impact of their operations on the environment and actively support our environmental programmes through an environmentally sensitive purchasing policy
• Where appropriate, support through community programmes, the promotion of environmental protection by relevant external groups and organisations
• Monitor progress on a regular basis to identify strengths and areas for improvement and to highlight actions required to prevent potential deficiencies. To implement this policy, we will develop a set of objectives and targets identified because of our environmental review, which relate to the environmental impacts of our organisation.
Actions, to achieve this policy require us to focus on the following areas:
• Energy use
• Waste management
• Recycling initiatives
• Staff training and communication on environmental issues
• Purchasing arrangements
• Business travel
We will establish and set relevant environmental objectives at all levels and review these at regular intervals. The company will communicate on their environmental aspects if requested
Corporate safety and security services Quality Policy
Corporate safety and Security services is totally committed to meeting our shareholder’s requirements and to continual improvement. We aim to give our stakeholders peace of mind by providing the best possible security services throughout the United Kingdom.
We want our customers to feel safe and sound in their business premises by providing Static Officers, Retail Officers, Key Holding / Alarm Responses, Mobile Patrols, dog handling, cctv remote monitoring, to suit their requirements.
We are committed to establishing and reviewing the Quality Objectives of the company and communicating these to all members of our staff as a vehicle to drive forward continuous improvement.
CSSS collects and processes personal data relating to its customers. CSSS is
committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting
its data protection obligations.
What information does the organisation collect?
CSSS collects the following data from its customers:
2. Company Name
4. Phone Number
5. Email Address
6. Site/Venue Information including information required to complete Surveys, Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments, emergency contact information including keyholders and signed contracts.
7. Alarm codes
8. Records of incidents and issues
9. Records of complaints
10. Where applicable – Recorded CCTV footage through an external DVR
11. Recorded Audio of telephone conversations (where applicable
This data will be stored on our internal servers or hard copy in secure locations,
password protected if relevant and backed up. Data will not be held longer than is
necessary, and in line with our document control procedure.
Why does the organisation process personal data?
CSSS processes personal data to provide a Security Service, with the permission of the
Who has access to data?
1. Your information is shared with CSSS staff to enable the provision of a security service.
2. All staff employed by CSSS have undergone security screening in line with BS 7858.
3. Where necessary the organisation will share your data with specific third parties, such as the emergency services, governing body or assessing body to enable the provision of a security service.
4. CSSS may also share your data with third parties in the context of a sale of some or all of its business. In those circumstances the data will be subject to confidentiality
arrangements.CSSS will not share your personal data with any other third party without your express permission.
How does the organisation protect data?
The CSSS takes the security of your data seriously. CSSS has internal policies and
controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed,
misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance
of their duties.
How long does CSSS keep your data?
Personal data, such as contact details, will be kept for the duration of the client contract
plus a further 3 years, in line with our data retention procedure. Any video recording will be retained for a minimum of 30 days, after which it will only be retained if there is a requirement i.e forcourt evidence. Any voice data will be retained for a minimum of 90
days in line with the British Standard BS5979, after which it will only be retained if there is a requirement i.e forcourt evidence
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
1. access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
2. require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data; and
3. require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the
data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Controller as
detailed below. Where we will respond within 30 days.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you
can complain to the Information Commissioner.
If you do not provide personal data?
The personal data is required to enable CSSS to provide a Security Service. All personal
data provided is done by the customer’s consent. Failure to provide the data required
would greatly hinder the ability of CSSS to provide this service.
I fully endorse the contents of this Quality Manual. It is issued with my authority of corporate safety and security services Procedures and Staff Handbook are mandatory to all staff.
Signature of person responsible for policy:-
Name - Kaine munonyedi
Position - Managing Director
Date - 6th June 2020
Corporate safety and security services Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy - Corporate safety and security services “CSSS” believe that doing business in a responsible and sustainable manner demonstrates a commitment to social responsibility. The prosperity of our business and of the communities within which we operate requires a commitment to the sustainable management of our activities. The company demonstrates a commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility by embedding responsible, social and economic needs into the decision-making process and operations. A policy has been developed that impacts and enhances all areas of our business and stakeholders, namely people, customers, environment suppliers, health & safety and the community